Monday, September 22, 2008

Assignment #5

Persuasive Writing.

Persuasive writing is used to address topics that can be controversial or bring on discussions because of their complexity. You must always first consider you own opinions when beginning to write a persuasive essay. It is always best to decide on a topic first and then ask yourself how you fee about the topic. Decide if you feel strongly and if you would want to learn more about the topic. Then you must decide weather or not you agree or disagree with the topic.

It is best to stay away from topics that center around Religion because they are difficult to argue. Also, indisputable facts and preferences are hard topics to argue so you should avoid them.

Next you need to develop your thesis. Find evidence that supports your topic. This evidence will be stated in your thesis are argued in the same order in your essay.

Using persuasive techniques such as logos, ethos, and pathos will help with being convincing in your essay. Also, I need to make sure I look at alternative perspectives. I should think about what others believe and focus on the most common arguments.

I think I will like writing this essay much more than the last since I will be able to use my opinion and own thoughts for the paper.

No comments: